Eligibility requirements are:
- status (must be one of the following):
- charities with Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) status
- registered charities
- not-for-profit organisations (NFPs)
- Australian based not-for-profits assisting youth in need aged between 12 and 25 years
- all applications must be endorsed by an FPA member.
In general, the following are not eligible for funding:
- government entities, for example, government departments, statutory bodies and organisations wholly funded by government
- religious groups, except for programs that support a non-religious purpose
- programs outside Australia
- recurrent costs or general operating expenses of an organisation
- 100% of the costs of any program unless future financial support can be demonstrated
- study programs or conferences
- research, except in special circumstances at the Board’s discretion
- travel, except where it is integral to the operation of a program
- retrospective requests, general fundraising appeals or commercial sponsorships.
Future2 grants funding is directed towards programs that address the following needs of disadvantaged young Australians.
- Education, including skills training and leadership development
- Engagement, including mentoring and juvenile justice programs
- Employment, including work experience and job readiness training
- Wellbeing, including remedial programs for drug and alcohol dependence
- Independent living and social inclusion.