Metamorphosis (2020) focuses on capturing the physical form of an object as well as the change and transformation of an individual over a period of time. The use of insects that metamorphosize represent myself as an individual and the changes I have gone through in my own life. By distorting the insects to make them appear fluid-like, I aimed to represent water as it is a form that is constantly changing and can be seen as a metaphor for life.
1. Selected photo of hourglass and insects
2. Remove background from insect images
3. Inserted insect image as a layer on the hourglass photo
4. Select layer and click on filter and then liquify
5. I then warped the images to fit to the hourglass shape